Laurent, I'm really sorry that you are not comfortable with handling
a dependency for OpenOCD, but that is absolutely not a reason to keep
a copy of Jim within OpenOCD. I think you can mitigate your problem
by helping with integration of the packages into a package
distribution that is useful for you.
I am just not sure if JIM TCL is mature enough. This is why I put a warning signal! Having a copy of JimTCL within OpenOCD has the advantage to eliminate bug coming from new JimTCL from Jim git server.
This make sure a release of OpenOCD is build with a dedicated JimTCL source.
I am worry to see two users building the same OpenOCD version with different
Jim version and with different final result. In this case we will need to
control the version of JimTCL from OpenOCD ...

If JimTcl project is mature enough, I will be OK to remove the copy of Jim without any objection.
I think you indicated that you like to use Cygwin?
I do not like Cygwin at all, but I HAVE TO use it ;-( to build openocd on
Windows, because a lot of users still want to use openocd on Windows.
Also, I do not like windows, but sometimes we have other constraints making
Windows the only OS possible ;-( That's really not the world I want to work
for, but sometimes the industry world impose it !
It should be
really easy to add a Cygwin package for Jim, which eliminates your
problem with handling a dependency.

We use cygwin in the build process only !

This negative attitude is incredible! Why are you in the project at
all if you do not feel that it is useful for you in some way and/or
that you may be able to help improve it?

Please stop complaining, that's just an absolute waste of time!
Please instead work on how to move forward.
That's not negative attitude, it's just an other point of view.

A good project has to have good people having different point of view !
Do not accepting other point of view is the incredible negative attitude!

Laurent
http://www.amontec.com