On 2010-11-12 17:46, Laurent Gauch wrote:
I think you indicated that you like to use Cygwin?
I do not like Cygwin at all, but I HAVE TO use it ;-( to build openocd
on Windows

I don't build OpenOCD on Windows, but rather cross-compile it on Linux, which I actually have in a virtual machine just for that purpose (;

because a lot of users still want to use openocd on Windows.

Ignoring the suggestion, that users should change OS to use OpenOCD, I would just like to remind about my builds of releases and development versions that are posted on my website
http://www.freddiechopin.info/index.php/en/download/category/4-openocd
http://www.freddiechopin.info/index.php/en/download/category/10-openocd-dev

The number of downloads speaks for itself.

So actually there is no need for 99% of users to build OpenOCD themselves for Windows.

4\/3!!