On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Michael Schloh von Bennewitz wrote:

> The example netcat command I suggested was just a rough estimate taken
> from memory. Here is a more exact suggestion:
>
>   echo 'Some fake SMTP Banner' | nc -l -p 25

I've done the above command, and telnetted to the server with another
window and can see the typing of text through port 25.

> Now run pine in another terminal window and send an email normally.

I've tested PINE and MUTT, both did not send anything through the window
with the nc command versus telnetting.

I was going to try using sendmail but I don't see a sendmail package
at openpkg.org is there plan for sendmail and other packages or just
what's there?  I can download sendmail via sunfreeware.com but prefer
to do installation with one method.

Regards,

- Mike