On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Michael Schloh von Bennewitz wrote:

> I tried out pine for the first time today. It seems to connect to whatever
> is listening to port 25 (postfix, netcat, etcetera), but only if its
> configuration is correct.

Now I'm wondering if it's postfix, I can telnet to port 25 but I can't send
any commands.  Shouldn't I be able to type "EHLO" or HELP, etc. once
connected via telnet to port 25?

> To configure pine, enter its mail menu and select the 'SETUP' submenu.
> Choose 'C' for 'Config:'. Edit the 'smtp-server' item to your SMTP server so
> that it reads 'localhost' and try to send an email with pine again.

Yes, I tried localhost, actual IP, full domain name.

> As long as your postfix server is listening correctly (try telnet again to
> check this), then I think pine will send correctly.

I might remove the binary package and reinstall the binary package.
I'm using mainly binary packages now instead compiling from source.

Regards,

- Mike