On Tue, Mar 16, 2004, Mike's List wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Michael Schloh von Bennewitz wrote:
>> Now run pine in another terminal window and send an email normally.
>
> I've tested PINE and MUTT, both did not send anything through the window
> with the nc command versus telnetting.

I tried out pine for the first time today. It seems to connect to whatever
is listening to port 25 (postfix, netcat, etcetera), but only if its
configuration is correct.

To configure pine, enter its mail menu and select the 'SETUP' submenu.
Choose 'C' for 'Config:'. Edit the 'smtp-server' item to your SMTP server so
that it reads 'localhost' and try to send an email with pine again.

As long as your postfix server is listening correctly (try telnet again to
check this), then I think pine will send correctly.

> I was going to try using sendmail but I don't see a sendmail package
> at openpkg.org is there plan for sendmail and other packages or just
> what's there?

There is indeed a OpenPKG package called sendmail (in
ftp.openpkg.org:/release/2.0/SRC/PLUS/), but what is most important is that
you install a MTA in general. This can be postfix for example. If you've
installed the postfix package then you have a sendmail program at
/openpkg/sbin for example. The OpenPKG package called sendmail is just
another MTA which for historical reasons installs the same name of binary.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Development Team, Operations Northern Europe