On Wed, Jul 27, 2005, Doug Summers wrote:

> Matthias Kurz wrote:

> >>Simon, I have a Perl script which creates a Makefile from RPMs and
> >>SRPMs if it is of any help. It is "prerelease" however which means it
> >>fits my needs but have never tried it on other systems than Linux.
> >

> >There is already something like this, i think.
> >%prefix/libexec/openpkg-tools/src2make.pl. thl ?
> >
> >But then, "openpkg build" still seems to have some bugs. We *DO* need
> >something *perfect*, here !
> >
> >This should be the next major goal. Immediately before shared lib
> >support.
{...[
> Does this script automatically build all dependencies? This is where
> pkg-get (for Solaris 8 & above) works great. If we could simulate this
> builds would be much simpler.

I have my own opinions regarding "pkg-get". Not that i think that those
people are doing a bad job. It's just way too much "ad hoc" for my taste.
Especially because the results are hardly reproducible.
I'd probably call it a "pragmatic" attempt. Great for now ! But not the
solution.

But then.
Did you try "openpkg build" ? Did you experience any problems ?

   (mk)

--
Matthias Kurz; Fuldastr. 3; D-28199 Bremen; VOICE +49 421 53 600 47