Hi,

there have been some emails about bootstrapping openpkg on Solaris.
Especially there are somtimes problems with missing compilers
for the first stage.

In my environment, I set up machines with a minimal Solaris 10,
i.e. Solaris Reduced Network Cluster (less than Solaris Core from
older systems), and add some packages, which are needed for OpenPKG
and some servers.

The systems are hardened, but they are able to do OpenPKG source installations.
For that I first install an older binary distribution from the OpenPKG
site and then bootstrap the newest version. This bootstrap is a bit
dirty, hardcoded packagenames, just until OpenPKG build is installed.
After that everything runs fine.

This bootstrap is packaged to a full jumpstart environment, which fits
on a USB drive, we use as jumpstart media. Together with a slightly
modified Solaris CD, which accepts USB-drives as a replacement for
a floppy.

If anybody is interested, I will share this code. It's a bit to much
to send it to a mailing list. If there is broader interest, I will
post small parts, how bootstrapping OpenPKG is done.

Birger
------
[EMAIL PROTECTED], Network Operations Center, Karlsruhe