Thanks for your immediate reply.

In the meantime I found my own question and answer from Feb 2004 ;-)

The problem is, that OpenPKG is not really self contained. There is still the
same problem with recursive calling of "make" and "ar".

The dirty hack is to create symlinks in /bin to /openpkg/bin/ar,
/openpkg/bin/gcc and /openpkg/bin/make. This way it works (and you may also
forget the use_xx params).

But in the next step, I will try "make" first and see what's happening... (just
waiting for gcc compiling itself, should be a work of 2 hours on my slow
machine at home)

Thanks
Birger
OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org