Hi everyone,

when trying to bootstrap on Solaris, I always get an error on a missing "make".

My setup is as follows:

Solaris 10 on Sparc, reduced setup, hardened OS.

1st step
--------

Install /openpkg environment (binary from depotserver)
        openpkg.sh
        fsl.rpm
        make.rpm
        binutils.rpm
        gcc.rpm

2nd step
--------

Setup Openssh in /openpkg environment (binary from depotserver)
        perl.rpm
        openssl.rpm
        zlib.rpm
        openssh.rpm

Now i can login to a freshly installed system

3rd step
--------

Bootstrap /opt/local environment from source

        sh openpkg--.src.sh --use_cc="/openpkg/bin/gcc"
        sh ./openpkg--.sh

this works

        for PKG in fsl make binutils gcc perl
        do
           /opt/local/bin/openpkg build  -D use_cc="/openpkg/bin/gcc" \
                                         -D use_make="/openpkg/bin/make" \
                                         ${PKG} | sh
        done

this does not work, error messages are

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: WARNING:  Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: creating pcre-config
config.status: WARNING:  pcre-config.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir
setting
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing adjustment commands
+ /openpkg/bin/make --no-print-directory
/bin/sh: make: not found
make: *** [_SUBDIRS_all] Error 1
error: Bad exit status from /opt/local/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.15668 (%build)
RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /opt/local/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.15668 (%build)

what's going on there?
I run this as user root, I run this as user opkg (/opt/local-user), I setup
PATH, I create symlinks in /usr/local/bin

????? any help?

Thanks,
Birger
OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org