Alessandro Premoli wrote:
Yes, it helps, thanks. It's always a good thing to deliberately choose which libraries and packages link to.

I don't remember many configure scripts that had all this complexity to
not only automatically detect some library - which is sometimes already
horrible - but also to allow to disable that detection if the library is
optional.

debugging configure is already one of the least things anyone wants to do, so keeping it small and simple is an important goal.

but maybe the whole system is broken, I'm looking forward to see if cmake is more practical. kde is switiching to it, and half a year
after kde4 release we will see if it works out or not. but so far what
I read looks promising.

Regards, Andreas