Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> I don't remember many configure scripts that had all this complexity to
> not only automatically detect some library - which is sometimes already
> horrible - but also to allow to disable that detection if the library is
> optional.
>
> debugging configure is already one of the least things anyone wants to
> do, so keeping it small and simple is an important goal.
You are speaking here too much from the developer side and forget the
user...If this makes it easier to configure it correctly, than it is an
advantage!

--
Regards

Signer:      Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
Phone:       +1.213.341.0390
begin:vcard
fn:Eddy Nigg
n:Nigg;Eddy
org:StartCom Ltd. - StartCom CA - MediaHost (TM)
adr:;;P.O.Box 1630;Eilat;;88000;Israel
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:+1-(213)-341-0390
tel;cell:+972-57-631-5629