On 12/11/06, Ludovic Rousseau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 11/12/06, Andreas Jellinghaus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> but maybe the whole system is broken, I'm looking forward to see if
> cmake is more practical. kde is switiching to it, and half a year
> after kde4 release we will see if it works out or not. but so far what
> I read looks promising.

I tried to use cmake for a project. It looks nice but I could not find
an equivalent for "make dist" and "make distcheck". But maybe I have
not looked hard enough in the documentation.

No. Please don't do that!
I tried to use this new cmake in KDE for QCA.
It is horrible!
autoconf/automake is much better!

In stead of using a scripting engine, they reinvented the wheel, and
created the most complex definition language the could think of. Even
a simple if statement is a mess.

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.