On Thursday 09 August 2007 10:13:38 mkarmowski wrote:
> Before a moment i got new card, from oryginal package. I'm using
> cardos-info:

is this a card from siemens or from some distributor.
it is half initialized, i.e. with the structures, but you can create
additional keys / certs / ...

that way the card is tied to the software which was used in the first step and
ensures the company can sell you both - card and software. no way to use it
with opensc unless you can format it so opensc can create the basic pkcs#15
structure.

> I take a chance and send apdu commands above, and get result below:

not supported - you can't format the card (or it needs different commands or
apdu or ...).

> Why new card is in operational mode?

the marketing might tell you something about a unique customer experience,
less trouble, and all working great - if you use their software with their
card. not sure if they meant to do this or not: but the card is tied to their
software and thus they can sell both to you.

I guess many companies make more money on client software than on the cards,
so they might be very interested in selling both as a solution and some have
this even as active goal to not sell any card that can be used with someones
else software. this is my interpretation of what I see, your might vary.

> I want use smartcard only for store file with username and password. I dont
> need certificates and keys. Have you any sollution for me?

buy a blank card or use their software. or check, maybe they have some
(windows?) software that can erase the card.

Good luck!

Regards, Andreas