On Feb 2, 2008, at 12:18 PM, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

> On 2/2/08, Martin Paljak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 2, 2008, at 12:26 AM, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> Yes. I don't want to do this on compile time, but on Runtime, there
> must be
> some way to get version or some other feedback to distinguished
> between
> old and new libraries (Missing export for example).

The only active system I know where pcsc-lite has less arguments is on
Mac OS X Tiger currently. On Linux I believe most up to date
distributions ship with a newer pcsc-lite. There are some but very-
very seldom e-mails to lists or personal mailboxes where people try to
use OpenSC 0.9.x or they have pcsc-lite 1.1.2 or so.

On Windows PC/SC is standard. What is the use case for dynamically
loadable reader modules (especially if it is a standard and most
common interface) ?

>>> 2. How can I detect at runtime if pinpad is supported?
>> The example is in reader-pcsc.c
>> http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/browser/trunk/src/libopensc/reader-pcsc.c#L560
>
> So why is it #ifdef, why this check is not performed anyway?

Because of the current implementation of your first question.

m.
--
Martin Paljak
http://martin.paljak.pri.ee