Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> 2009/1/23 Stanislav Brabec <sbra...@suse.cz>:
> > I don't know, whether multi-slot devices use more USB devices, more USB
> > interfaces or only one interface and multi-slot protocol.
>
> A multi-slot reader is just one USB device. The only difference is the
> value of the bMaxSlotIndex field in the CCID descriptor.
>

> I don't know if you should have two categories: readers and tokens.

Probably only one "category": iso7816, but more "capabilities".

> How do you differentiate them? The form factor?

Knowing the model USB ID, we can provide this information.

> That is a problem since all the CCID devices can be identified using
> the bInterfaceClass: 0x0B. Some are readers and some are tokens but
> the USB description does not provide this information.

If we will not know, keeping iso7816 alone would not be a problem.

> And I also have CCID readers for contact less cards. For a PC/SC
> application they are used like any normal ISO 7816 readers.

We may introduce a keyword (in capabilities or info.) of slot.

It is possible to detect form factor (credit card size, SIM size)? Is it
the same way that can be used to detect contact less reader?

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer