Hello,

2010/12/12 Andre Zepezauer <andre.zepeza...@student.uni-halle.de>:
> Hello Andreas,
>
> some time ago, you have changed the comments on reader max_x_sizes in
> opensc.conf [1]:
>
> "Some reader drivers have limitations, so you need to set these values.
> For usb devices check the properties with lsusb -vv for dwMaxIFSD."
>
> Can you remember why pointing the user to dwMaxIFSD? AFAIK this value is
> of relevance only for T=1 protocol. But T=1 is capable of transmitting a
> single APDU in multiple parts, where each part can have a size of up to
> dwMaxIFSD. In the result T=1 can easily handle APDU:s of every size and
> therefore the above hint is misleading.

It is a bit more complex that just T=0 vs T=1.
Another important part is reader mode in TPDU, short APDU or extended APDU.
See [2].

> I would like to remove these lines in opensc.conf. Any objections?

I don't know what the limitations are and with which reader/driver.
Andreas, do you remember what the problem was and in what configuration?
Was it with a CCID reader?

Bye

[2] http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid_extended_apdu.html

--