Hi!

> > Ah yes, I forgot about that. It's already long ago... Anyway, the idea
> > of sc_transmit_bytes has been given up in favor of sc_bytes2apdu, since
> > all the opensc tools do not want to send an arbitrary buffer but an
> > apdu.
>
> Will you propose a new patch?
>
> >> Do you need to use SCardTransmit() or SCardControl() at the PC/SC level?
> >> OpenSC mixes SCardTransmit() and SCardControl(). Maybe a good
> >> evolution would be to have separate functions.
> >
> > PACE needs SCardControl with 0x20. Yes, I think separating control and
> > transmit would be a good idea. In OpenSC this is currently mixed,
> > because every buffer sent (control or not) involves APDU parsing. That's
> > why I advocated for not parsing the buffer. But you're right that
> > separating the functionality entirely is a cleaner approach. Is there
> > something similar to SCardControl in OpenCT?
>
> I don't think we should care much about OpenCT support of an
> SCardControl() equivalent. OpenCT use is strongly deprecated. I do not
> expect to see a PACE reader supporting OpenCT but not PC/SC. A void or
> empty control() function for OpenCT would be fine with me. The idea is
> to have the code to compile with OpenCT but in a degraded mode.
>
> Thanks

If PACE is wanted (and support for nPA), I will create a patch.

BTW, what is the status of SM in trunk. It used to be scheduled for
0.12.3. If there is clearity about how to integrate it, I could also
provide a generic implementation of PACE (generic = "PACE done by OpenSC
not by the reader").

Cheers, Frank.