Hi!

> > I wrote a patch for libccid to support PACE. Due to a lack of
> > standardization on the USB level there is only my ccid-emulator, which
> > can be used with this feature. See
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/vsmartcard/ for the libccid patch and
> > ccid-emulator.
>
> Thanks for the info and pointer.
> PACE is now standardized/documented in an PC/SC document [1].
>
> So I may include your patch (or a modified version) "soon".
>
> Thanks
>
> [1] http://www.pcscworkgroup.com/specifications/specdownload.php
> Part 10. Amendment 1: IFDs with Secure Pin Entry Capabilities
>
> --
>  Dr. Ludovic Rousseau

Actually PACE is executed with SCardControl. The current implementation
for control commands in OpenSC would not allow executing PACE, because
reader-pcsc.c:237 always encodes an APDU. This is OK if you are only
using PIN verification/modification (which require an encoded APDU). But
it is impossible to use for PACE, because the input data is something
very different than an APDU.

I have already filed a bug on this topic and proposed a solution
http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/ticket/236...

Are you interested in supporting PACE? This would allow changing the PIN
of the German identity card (nPA) with certain PIN pad readers
(CAT-S/CAT-K).  I could also add support for doing PACE with readers
that don't have a PIN pad, but for this I am first waiting for the final
decisions regarding SM in OpenSC.

Cheers, Frank.