Niclas Hoyer wrote:
> > Um, ok, please let me know if I should spend time helping you to get
> > the cm4040 working?
>
> Thanks for your help. I think I got it working now. I reinstalled
> openct and double checked /etc/reader.conf.d/reader.conf
>
> $ cat /etc/reader.conf.d/reader.conf
> FRIENDLYNAME "OMNIKEY CardMan 4040 Socket 0"
> DEVICENAME /dev/null
> LIBPATH /usr/lib/openct-ifd.so
> CHANNELID 0
>
> now I get:
> $ opensc-tool -a
> Using reader with a card: OMNIKEY CardMan 4040 Socket 0 00 00
> 3b:ef:00:ff:81:31:fe:45:65:63:11 ...
>
> So I think everything is working :)

Ok, nice!

> One last thing: is it normal, that I have to jiggle the card a bit
> to get it working?
> It seems that the connection between the cardman and the card is not
> that reliable.

Hm, I may have seen this once or twice, but it doesn't generally
happen with my (refurbished) cm4040.

Maybe the reader contacts have oxidized, or the plastic on the edges
of the reader has been worn or damaged so that the card is not guided
to the exact right location under the contacts, or maybe even the
card contacts are worn?

//Peter