2012/3/22 Anders Rundgren <anders.rundg...@telia.com>

> Somewhat related to the OpenSC organization discussions:
>

> http://www.globalplatform.org/documents/Consumer_Centric_Model_White_PaperMar2012.pdf
>
> I must confess I don't understand a thing of this, neither the business
> model,
> the consumer centric concept, or how it integrates in phones that doesn't
> permit
> changes in the internals except through routing or jail-breaking.

my view: all you need is authentication.
their view: no, that is only the start, they want to have applications
deployed on tokens, security policies, and whatnot.

at least they realize people buy their own smartphones and use them. now
they want people to buy their secure tokens and use them, and have a huge
ecosystem build on top of that. well, if that is a sign towards more
compatiblitiy: +1

but in general I still think complex on card systems are a failed model.
all you need is authentication, and the rest can be build much better, much
cheaper, much faster, much more secure as an online system.

Andreas