Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE wrote:
> > Please understand that whatever you try to organize democratically
> > will indeed be a fork. Open source is not democracy.
>
> Peter, you are shooting yourself a bullet in the foot.

This isn't about me.

> As written before, some people really believe to own OpenSC.

Something being written doesn't make it true. I further find it
rather rich that you claim to know what someone else believes.

> Do you mean OpenSC can be ruled with passwords and administrative
> rigths?

I mean that each and every open source project can be ruled by
perfect patches!

Democracy and passwords are equally irrelevant. Code is not.

> Creating a non-profit organization will solve this isssue and make
> sure OpenSC IS a democracy.

This is an utter phallacy. An open source project can never be a
democracy, and trying to create democracy is nothing but feelgood
bureacracy.

> When the project was handed over to Martin, there was no discussion
> on governance and this needs to be fixed pretty soon.

I find that quite offensive. Why don't you focus on the code?

//Peter