Jean-Michel,

Le 23 mars 2012 08:58, Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE <jmpo...@gooze.eu> a écrit :
> Dear Martin,
>
>> opensc-project.org SSL certificate expired (kind of suddenly, there
>> should have been a reminder but that did not arrive for some reason),
>> the checksums of the new one are:
>> MD5: 68786c3e0cfe44e31d6c789e767605d5
>> SHA1: d7af30e8dfd9b6433353999f24e5dbb74132a988
>
> Nice to see you on board.
>
> Could you have a look at our previous posts and confirm that :
> 1) The OpenSC project is not owned by you but by the community at large.
> 2) That you are a system administrator and developper. As such, you
> admit to serve the community.

It is not nice to hijack a thread and change the discussion.

> The reason behind is that we would like to avoid OpenSC becoming another
> project like CCID or Apple Tokend, where one or two persons lock down
> commits.
>
> Please have a look at this page:
> http://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/team
>
>> CCID Engineering
>>         • Lead: Ludovic Rousseau
>>         • Dev: Ludovic Rousseau
>
>> PCSCD Engineering
>>         • Lead: Ludovic Rousseau
>>         • Dev: Ludovic Rousseau
>
> I am worried that a a small team of committers linked to companies lead
> to interest conflicts. For example, tokend has an outdated CCID, an
> outdated libUSB and only some vendor drivers are updated, including
> Gemalto.

I do not remember having seen _ANY_ patch from you regarding the
http://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/ project.

You have to understand that free software projects (in a large part)
are do-ocracy and not democracy. The people doing things decide how
they do it.
If you want to get a commit write access you shall first provide good
patches and work. It does not work in the reverse order.

If you are not happy with what Apple provides in the OS then contact
Apple, not me or this mailing list.

> Furthermore, you don't seem to answer our emails. Which leads me to
> believe that you are acting as an owner and not as a system
> administrator. Please confirm by writing that you are not OpenSC owner.
>
> And please don't answer us something like "go fork", we are not going to
> do it. When the project was handed over by Andreas, it was a community
> and shall remain.

You cannot _require_ anything from volunteers.

And you are very rude trying to do that.

Regards,

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau