orkut may never fully support fetching friends of friends -- most
applications shouldn't need to access the entire friend graph since
access to direct friends is usually enough. Even if friends-of-friends
was supported, all of your friends would have to have the same
application installed in order to access their personal friend list,
which you can't count on.

As far as your question goes, this should be possible with the REST
API, so stay tuned for more announcements soon:

http://orkutdeveloper.blogspot.com/

- Jason