Hi all,

Anyone knows if orkut's Server to Server Protocol (REST) is really on-line
and active?

I'm trying to write an application that makes a request to the *
/people/@me/@self* to return current user's logged data but Orkut returns
with the next error message:

*Authentication Failed
Error 401*

Basically, what I do is a GET request, much like this one (I changed the
consumer key and oauth signature for secury reasons):

http://www.orkut.com/social/rest/people/@me/@self
?fields=appdata
&*oauth_consumer_key*=myoauthconsumerkey
&*oauth_nonce*=a9e5add104bfdeb45fc1e93b5fe7d241
&*oauth_signature*=MyOauthSignature
&*oauth_signature_method*=HMAC-SHA1
&*oauth_timestamp*=1295636092
&*oauth_token*=1%2FyqOFVwHsYaaTZYDriwDY_RWTng_zO7-PfGMEZYLAhrI
&*oauth_version*=1.0

Before making the request I implemented the 3 legged steps process.

First I registered a domain, validated it and the got the *consumer_key* and
*consumer_secret*. Then, I wrote some code to get the Request Token,
Authorization from the user and the Access Token. Then I used this data to
formulate the request above.

I don't know what could be wrong. I used the same code to retrieve Twitter's
data (with my twitter account) with my Twitter account, but with Orkut it is
not working.

Any idea of what could be happening? My guess is that the Server to Server
orkut's implementation is off-line, maybe in BETA version.

Thanks,
Fernando