Are you using Sandbox or Prod Sandbox?

I just tried it in prod sandbox and could add a gadget without any problems
using the developer page (and I used a test account that's like any
ordinary account, not a special Google account or anything like that).

For reference, my XML looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Module> <ModulePrefs title="Test
Application v0.3" author="Bruno Oliveira" author_email="
your_real_email_h...@example.com" description="A test application."
screenshot="http://www.linux.ime.usp.br/~btco/tmp/typechampion.png";
thumbnail="http://www.linux.ime.usp.br/~btco/tmp/typechampion-thumb.png";>
<Require
feature="opensocial-0.8" /> <Locale lang="en" country="us" />
</ModulePrefs><Content
type="html" preferred_width="970"><![CDATA[

Hello, this is a test app. 3
]]></Content></Module>
Thanks!

-