On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 05:21:59PM +0100, Darren J Moffat wrote:
> Stefan Teleman wrote:
> >

> >Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> >
> >>Your confusing "build dependencies" with "delivery".
> >
> >No, i am not. Please read my explanation again. I believe it was pretty
> >clear the first time around.
>
> It is *NOT* clear because I came to the same conclusion as Garrett.
>
> I've already asked for this case to be put in 'waiting need spec' so
> that I can see the GCC4 case and see the bigger picture.  This is
> required only because this case is introducing a gcc4 subdir.

An alternative solution would be to just deliver:

 - binutils in /bin with 'g' prefixes for conflicting utils
 - binutils in /usr/gnu/bin without 'g' prefixes for utils that don't
   normally have the 'g' prefix
 - if there is a stability concern w.r.t. binutils then also deliver
   binutils in /usr/gnu/binutils/<version>

That would divorce this case from the future GCC4 case, except in so far
as this one would be a dependency of the other one.

Nico