> Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:10:50 +0200
> From: Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
> To: ksh93-integration-discuss at opensolaris.org, April.Chin at eng.sun.com
> Cc: PSARC-EXT at sac.sfbay.sun.com, ksh93-integration-discuss at
> opensolaris.org,
James.D.Carlson at sun.com, don.cragun at sun.com
> Subject: Re: Issues with pfksh93 and builtin commands... / was:
Re:[ksh93-integration-discuss] Re: About pfksh93 and builtins... /was:
Re:[osol-arc] Korn Shell 93 Integration [PSARC-EXT/2006/550Timeout:09/27/2006]

> Darren J Moffat <Darren.Moffat at Sun.COM> wrote:
>
> > April Chin wrote:
> > > An update from the project team on the pfksh93 issue...
> > >
> > > Although some ideas on disabling built-ins for pfksh93
> > > has been proposed, the team has agreed to remove pfksh93 from the case,
> > > so we can investigate the correct solution carefully in a future case,
> > > without impeding this case.
> > >
> > > I will remove mention of pfksh93 and the -P and -o profile
> > > options from the proposed ksh93.1 and other manpages in the case
materials.

> > Thanks I'm happy with that outcome.  Project team please seek the help
> > of the security community rather than trying to work this out on your
> > own.  You can reach us at security-discuss at opensolaris.org
>
> If you remove pfhsh93, you make ksh93 a second class citizen
> and gives a bad start for ksh93. Don't do that, rather solve the problems.
>

> J?rg

The idea is to do this in steps, and by dropping pfksh93 we hope to get
ksh93 integrated sooner, and take several smaller steps to get a
*proper* pfksh93 integrated, open up the libraries, look into replacing
utilities, replace /bin/ksh (okay, the last one is more than a small step)...

        April