Garrett D'Amore wrote:
I have to admit, I don't understand the resistance to just posting the list...

Reasons why I would resist...

1)  The more you document, the more you're tied down.

2) The attitude that something might be construed to be public if it isn't explicitly private is a worrisome trend - the default is (or at least should be) that things are private unless explicitly made public. (Consider also the reader who finds the documentation and misses the "private" note.)

3) Why document something subject to change without notice? Makes the documentation longer without value.

4) Even the fact that the tool uses kstats is a project private implementation detail subject to change without notice.