On 04/12/10 02:15 PM, Alan Wright wrote:

Thanks for the +1.

My main concern is that smbstat is a consumer and using a consumer
as a vehicle for documenting a consumed interface doesn't seem
appropriate - both as a mechanism and for traceability.  I'd really
prefer that this case remain a simple update to smbstat output format.

I think we should have mentioned the kstats in PSARC 2006/715 and I'd
be more comfortable submitting a separate addendum to that case to
describe them than burdening smbstat with being the vehicle to document
smbsrv kstats.  I'll take that as an action item.

Thanks. In case its not obvious, I didn't realize that that you were just consuming existing kstats -- I thought you were producing them (or adding the code to produce them) as part of this case.

I agree that the right place to document them is in the case associated with the producer.

    -- Garrett