Bob Palowoda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   This is true.  If we look at the roadmap the install and
> admin tools are scheduled for next year around April/May
> timeframe.  It's proably better to hold off until than
> until the patch management can architectually include
> those stable interfaces.

What I believe is important is that we need to take into
account that packaging software only makes sense if we may really
use it.

Just imaging what would happen if tomorrow the redistribution
rights for pkgadd and freinds would be given. We could not use it.

Why?

Well, Compiling OpenSolaris does not produce packages but
8 CPIO archives.

If I install SchilliX and add pkgadd, I still cannot use most
blastwave packages because blastwave packages contein dependencies
to SUNW packages that seem to be missing on SchilliX because there
is no package database.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/