right now, I can outline what I did yesterday. If you want more detail, just
ask and I'll provide precise data.

Yesterday, I tried to copy data to an USB stick (documented two issues
concerning this in the bugs mailing list). During this I did an "iostat -xzn 5"
and got about 700k/s on an USB2 stick that easily can deliver multimegabyte
transfer rates (on opensolaris bfu 20060320). The funny thing about this is
that it wasn't pcfs related.

I had before opened a case concerning the bad USB performance (case #37537467).
Back then (24.1.2006) we could narrow it down to a pcfs thing, and my contact
person told me that there wasn't a BugId or RFE up to now, but that it was
under investigation and soon to be fixed. OK, soon isn't over right now ;-)

But the performance problem was reoccuring with UFS yesterday. As I had this
issues with Umlauts on the exchangeable media I did a newfs with UFS, but got
the same bad performance and the same Umlaut issue :-(