> 95% of the people out there doesn't use nearly all of
> the features contained in Solaris 10+ and as such
> form their opinion on the basic interface to the OS.

This is very true, but I question what you meant by that.

In my own experience, 95% of the people don't use a lot of the features of
Solaris because they're almost completely incompetent when it comes to Solaris.

The so called "IT experts" seem to be experts only in clicking on pictures in
Windows and Linux.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem, except these guys try to sell themselves
as the experts, and make it harder for people that actually know something to
get in.

> 3. SMC ... omg. Sorry to say, but feedback from
> admins I've met are: "$%#%^". I wish someone could
> rewrite this, giving it some real meat without
> expecting a server to donate a kidney every time it
> starts... sorry.

Agreed. SMC sucks dead bunnies through a bent straw sideways; but then again,
being a hardcore shell guy, perhaps I'm the wrong person to write that.

However, to me SMC is confusing, slow and useless.