On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, David J. Orman wrote:

> That is not a good thing, I do agree, but at the same time - I'd say it's
> Solaris that needs to improve in this regard. If people can't use your
> product properly (95% of the time to use your statistic) then something is
> wrong with the usability of your product. Not the (95%) of people. Not

I think you're missing the point.  I'd say most of that 95% percent isn't
used through difficulty, but through ignorance.  For example, I'd say thay
95% of M$ Word's features are unused, but I don't see people claiming that
it is hard to use.

> getting a position above one of these "clicky clicky" folks. They'd
> probably be better at the "clicky clicky" too. I don't see how it would be
> hard at *all* to get a job if you knew Solaris well.

Try living where I do--and yes, I do know Solaris well.  :-(  On more than
one occassion, I've actually been told that I'm over qualified!

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638