Jürgen Keil wrote:
Quick questions since I haven't had time to setup the environment to play with your patches yet. Did you see any disks,

Yes, I see both the optical device and the s-ata hdd, both on
pci-ide controllers:

I noticed that in the prtconf output you sent in the next message,
thanks for that.

s0 is the EFI system partition.  s2 is a Windows XP partition.
AFAICT, the EFI s1 partition is missing, it should contain the
Mac HFS+ volume. Maybe a bug in the Solaris ata driver, when using EFI disk labels?

Yes a bug in Solaris, I don't think it is in ata though but in more generic EFI code.

I'd expect that the standard Solaris x86 install software will produce
a nice mess on this EFI (& FDISK) partitioned HDD.   :-)

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6374985

Logged as a P2 bug because "nice mess" == massive data corruption!

--
Darren J Moffat