John Levon writes:
> It doesn't seem useful to me to split out "Accepted" bugs. The "accepted"
> state
> doesn't really mean very much at all (I've even seen it on bugs that haven't
> even been triaged).

Not all groups actually have some sort of formal triage process.

"Accepted" should mean that someone thinks there's enough data
provided to evaluate it, and that it's at about the right priority and
in the right cat/subcat.  Not much else.  Those in "dispatched" state
are significant in that they represent the "nobody is home" state.

To those both inside and outside Sun, I think the distinction is
important.  Things in "accepted" state are much more likely to be
doable.  Things still in "dispatched" may represent wild goose chases.
If you're looking for a bug to fix, the former is probably a good list
to check out.  If you're looking to do some preliminary investigation
only, the latter are interesting.

--
James Carlson, KISS Network                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>