On 4/13/06, Ben Rockwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Given the reactions on this discussion so far, it appears discussions
> >> of anything other than blastwave would result in vehement attacks, so
> >> I'll pass on that.  Sadly this discussion has only served to lower my
> >> previously high opinion of the people behind the blastwave project.
> >>

> >   Then change the topic to "Community Software for Solaris" and continue.
> >
> >   After all, the objective is to deliver a solution to the Solaris user
> >   and the Solaris customer.  Possibly even each other.
> >
> >   That was always the idea from the beginning.
> >
> The idea from the beginning was a proposal by Keith to take a process
> that is currently closed and to open it.  It was never about Blastwave v
> SFW v CCD.

In correct, it became about  CCD & sunfreeware vs. Blastwave when Sun
bought Steven C, the head of Sunfreeware and combined it to be one
entitity and created what will become the Sun and OpenSolaris blessed
distrobution of freeware.

> The arguments seen in this thread are based on personal
> emotion and feelings of resentment, not whats best for the end users,
> Sun customers, or even the community at large.

CCD has never been about what is best for the community at large it
was about creating a group of opensource software that had Sun's
blessing. Sun refuses to bless blastwave thus makes it the lesser
community.

> The discussion has been unproductive since 12:25pm PST yesterday when
> Jim accepted the seconded proposal and asked Eric to setup the project
> space.
>
> The appropriate course of action is to be involved in the forth going
> project and to help guide it such that Blastwave and SFW don't compete,
> but complement each other to such an extent as that is possible.

Sorry I'm not taking part of any such discussion, the entire Companion
project needs to die. Linus Torvalds has not blessed anyone Linux
distribution, it would be best if Sun did not bless  any one
distribution outside of Solaris and SolarisExpress. Now to add insult
to injury they want the OpenSolaris community to do all the work and
bless it over the pre-existing community.

James Dickens
uadmin.blogspot.com