>  I perceive that Sun would now like to replace all of that with
>  some new project in order to get all things open source, Linux
>  or BSD or UNIX world or maybe even Windows based, into the software
>  product known as Solaris in some sort of supported fashion.

There is no new project; the project already exists.  The
companion CD.  This project is there to unchain the companion CD;
the CCD is always closely coupled to the "current release" and
has no bearing on older releases.

It's is clear to me, and it should be clear to anyone, that
Blastwave is not suitable to fill that spot; it does not aim
to fill that spot so that should not be an issue.

Also, I'm someone upset at the exlusivity you appear to claim
for blastwave; open source is about sharing, but it's also about
being allowed to do your own thing.

Casper