On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 22:08 -0700, ken mays wrote:
> Going back to the comments about Nexenta build system:

Nexenta build system == Debian build system

The equation above means that NexentaOS following
Debian Policy[1] as close as possible. This is done on purpose.
Since a) we now can collaborate with Debian community and push our
changes upstream; b) we can easily migrate huge amount of packages under
NexentaOS APT repository.

> 1. What ever happened to running Debian/Linux packages
> natively (or by wrapper)??
>
> 2. Can we build from Nexenta in providing "Debian"
> packages for Schillix, SXCR, and Belenix???

I thought about it. Technically it is possible, but it will require to
add GNU personality to the OpenSolaris core of those OSes and provide
set of meta-packages which will cover the package name diversions.

Sing up on gnusol-devel@gnusolaris.org and we could discuss details a
bit more. Since we are seeing demand on somewhat similar task, i.e. Sun
personality for GNU/OpenSolaris.

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/

--
Erast