> > More details on the fix please.
> > Do you think Henry's fixed radeon_drv.so lib may fix
> > the HP's with ATI Radeon PCI-E video cards?
> >
> I don't see how this could be possible.

I don't see it, either.

IIRC: Wasn't it impossible to boot into a standard single user
with 6401605, without getting the corrupted text display?

A boot to milestone=none worked, though; but the text display
would be corrupted as soon as "devfsadm" was invoked?

> 6401605 is about ATI PCIE-PCI not beeing properly
> configured when no I/O and/or memory resources are
> required behind it (for instance no device behind the
> bridge). By properly configured I mean that if no I/O
> resources are required, transaction forwarding in the
> I/O range should be disabled, idem for memory and
> prefetchable memory.
>
> This configuration takes place during the system
> initialization phase. So the fix in the library is of
> no help, at least for booting.

Exactly, the Xorg video driver shared library
/usr/X11/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so should make no
difference for bug 6401605.