> Hi all,

Hey man.

> So the question is: is this a known problem, and are there any
> workarounds?  I'm using cdrw (no offense to Joerg, but I find
> "cdrw -i foo.iso" much easier to type than cdrecord with a long
> list of options),

get over it !

get cdrecord and you will find that it "just works" and drop Jörg a line and
he will ensure that you have the ProDVD version.

Or get a hold of me .. you know the bloody number !

try :

         cdrecord -dev=0,0,0 -sao foo.iso

how freaking tough is that for the man that wrote SSP !!?!?

If you want to scan for the device id numbers then run cdrecord -scanbus
first and that will tell you what you want to know.

Dennis