> > Hi all,
>
> Hey man.

Hey men.

> > So the question is: is this a known problem, and are there any
> > workarounds?  I'm using cdrw (no offense to Joerg, but I find
> > "cdrw -i foo.iso" much easier to type than cdrecord with a long
> > list of options),
>
> get over it !
>
> get cdrecord and you will find that it "just works" and drop Jörg a line
> and
> he will ensure that you have the ProDVD version.
[...]

I can only confirm this.
I use cdrecord-ProDVD all day long.
Easy to use, best set of supported media and drives, good optional parameters
(most are indeed _optional_).
I use it on SPARC (SPARCle 500sx via USB2.0) and x64 (Ultra20 via USB2.0).
Also good debug output via "-v" and "-V".

I started using it years ago, at first with one of the fancy guis written for
it. But that belongs to the past: The guis are buggy (i.e. wrong data types and
therefore no way to handle DVD.iso's over 4GB), cdrecord is not.

I only experienced problems so far on the U20 with SXCR snv41 (destroys every
second DVD-R despite BURN-Free enabled), plus on any sb1k/sb2k via ieee1394a
(cannot read block x y z).
But those problems seem to be a limitation of cooperation between Solaris
versus Burner_enclosure(and USB2IDE / ieee1394_to_IDE), rather than with
cdrecord itself.

marTin