>this backwards compatibility for backwards compatibility's sake is no
>longer a selling point. Linux has proven that backwards compatibility
>for its own sake is largely irrelevant (my personal unhappiness about
>this incompatibility, grounded in purely philosophical rather than
>practical considerations notwithstanding).

I'm not sure it's the right time to say that "Linux has determined
that backward compatibility is not important".

The market has not had time to feel the full force of the
impact of no backward compatibility; but from what I've heard, it
is starting to hurt and it will only start to hurt more.

We cannot tell what will break with ksh93; it may be nothing, it
may be soething.  But shell issues are generally easy to overcome
by just editing the script and running it with a different
version.

Casper