All of them should compile and run (against Xorg servers) on SPARC.

There is nothing i would love more than to be able to run Xorg with
all these extensions working on SPARC and my XVR-1000 card, so i can
watch DVD's at more than 1280x1024 fullscreen and use the Xv/XvMC
drivers instead of the CPU pig also known as Xshm on Xsun SPARC.

Can i do this on Solaris 10 U2 06/06 SPARC ? ;-)

Yep.  Note that these are not "gratuitous" incompatibilities but rather
a historical bagage which we will want to get rid of over time:

        - No Xorg drivers for SPARC hardware
        - fbconfig before Xrandr existed
        - No interest on the SPARC side to support the latest Xorg
          extensions

This is yet another example of why "branch, close source and modify"
is such a bad development model.  You (and your customers) pay through
the nose later.

exaclty. so then back to my original question: why start off the Power
PC Solaris port with an already obsolete (and not open source) Korn
Shell  ?

i have no personal emotional attachment to the Korn Shell, i use the T-Shell.

--Stefan

--
Stefan Teleman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]