Stephen Harpster wrote:
We're wondering if this would increase participation. There are a lot of GPL bigots out there. If OpenSolaris were available under GPL, would there be more people willing to participate who have to date ignored us because we're CDDL only?

That seems unlikely. At least, we have no indication that anyone in that camp would be satisfied by GPLv3.

In fact, do we have *any* example of someone who said, "I was all set to contribute my code to OpenSolaris, but then I saw the CDDL license and decided against it"?

        Scott