What I, with the few but existing experiences I've had with it,
disfavor in GNOME is the fact that it does not look and feel good. It
looks old, gray and basic, and does not work intuitively. KDE has a
much fresher look, and has in my opinion a more intuitive interface.

For example, I never really understood how I am supposed to switch
between keyboard layouts in gnome in a simple way. In KDE I could just
add (actually it is by default when you have multiple layouts) the
keyboard switcher to the task bar, and a simple click on it would
change layout.