On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 03:50:07AM -0500, Eric Boutilier wrote:

> Twice this month, for the creation of new projects, I posted
> the following:
>
>     "Also copying OGB... FYI, we're moving ahead with with the setup of this
>     project under the old process. The 2-business-day discussion period has
>     been satisfied, it has sponsorship of the [sponsoring community] and
>     has been seconded."
>
> Your and the other members' non-response contributed (really
> badly, IMO) to the confusion.

What response should we have made?  Although our Constitution doesn't
explicitly preclude it, common sense says we shouldn't make ex post
facto policies.  So if someone proposed a project before the new
policy came into effect, what are we supposed to say when it times
out?  "No, don't do that; you have to go follow this new thing that
didn't exist"?  Talk about bureaucratic runaround.

--
Keith M Wesolowski              "Sir, we're surrounded!"
FishWorks                       "Excellent; we can attack in any direction!"