Ian Murdock wrote:

On 5/31/07, Alan Burlison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The level of beaurocracy in OpenSolaris exceeds what I've seen
> in any other open source group by an order of magnitude and
> is a facet of life at Sun that we seem to have carried over from
> Solaris to OpenSolaris, for better or worse.

I agree entirely, that mirrors my thoughts too.

Holy crap yes.

There's one further thought to add to this and that is for
someone who wants to do something "fun" with their spare
time, dealing with all of this is very unattractive.

Imagine if some high-school/university computer geek were
to come along and look in on opensolaris-discuss, does anyone
here actually think that they would be attracted to the project?

Maybe OpenSolaris is trying *too hard* to be the perfect
open source community.

More source code and less comments/opinions!

Darren