> More source code and less comments/opinions!

Yes, please.  I don't think one can necessarily fault the OpenSolaris
community for being bureaucratic; if a project wishes to lead with the
process and follow with the prototype, life will naturally feel very
bureaucratic.  I (rather strongly) believe that this is _not_ the way
that software should be developed; in software, ideas are expressed in
_code_ -- the implementation _is_ the idea.  If an idea has not been
implemented, it is (in my opinion) premature to call it an "idea" -- it
is rather a notion, a daydream or perhaps a fancy.  If one has such
a thought, the first order of business is not to send out proposals or
give speeches or navigate through process but rather to sit down and
write some code:  build a prototype, share it with some like-minded
people, incorporate their feedback, expand the community (note,
lowercase "c") and iterate.  If one does this and one's ideas are sound,
the process (in my experience) naturally follows; people naturally
gravitate to good ideas.

This is not to say that the OpenSolaris processes can't be used to help
this process of iteration -- just that they should be used to help the
process, not initiate it.

        - Bryan