> Joerg Schilling wrote:
>> This is the most important argument: OpenSolaris is UNIX 03 approved
>
> It's not, and cannot be (as I explained earlier).
>
> Solaris 10 3/05 is UNIX 03 certified.   No Solaris Nevada build has yet
> been certified (since it's not worth paying the Open Group for every
> build), and the subset released as OpenSolaris source code can't be
> certified - you need to certify a built distro, not unbuilt sources.

  Simple question :

    Can a person or person(s) with sufficient craft take the sources
    from OpenSolaris.org and build a distro which *may* be certified
    as UNIX ?

    Yes or No ?

  To me OpenSolaris is not Windows.  It is not OS/2.  It is not Linux.

  It is UNIX, and the proper usage of the term UNIX may be dictated by
  The Open Group but in general conversation I think that OpenSolaris
  is all about UNIX and not something else.

Dennis