> What the vendor said next set me ablaze.
>
> "WE NEVER ADVERTISED THE SYSTEM WOULD WORK WITH
> SOLARIS"
>
> Pissed off!

I have a different take on this.

Recently I found my social status elevated quite a bit, & I realized that this
has a lot to do with the fact that I am running Solaris as my primary desktop.
I can definitely sense the attention (& envy/respect) whenever I brought up
this little side event.

Of course, this has nothing to do with me; all credits go to Sun's (& those
related therewith) developers who have made this possible.  But the general
public don't know this--yet, & I am enjoying this fame as long as it
lasts--probably not for too long though.  :-)